Quantcast

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Disagreeing (part two)

Howdy!

As I wrote yesterday, Ms. Milroy did one of those frothy end of year things and I disagreed with most of her choices. To continue disagreeing
Best new curatorial talent: Ain't no such thing here in Montreal, everybody's playing it safe. On the other hand if she had gone about discussing the Worst New Curatorial Talent - It would be a toss up in my mind between Richard Florida and his everybody on the bandwagon cultural cities theories, and curating done by juries
Canadian artist of the moment: Without a doubt in my mind, Sarah Anne Johnson (A & B)
Notable openings: There really weren't any that I can think of off the top of my head.
Juiciest museum gift: Well, it ain't quite a done deal yet, but the $20+ million that the Musée d'Art Contemporain is attempting to give to Groupe Gueymard and Groupe Cardinal Hardy. Yeah, I know that normally it goes from someone to the museum, but jeez! I'd love to be the recipient of the museum's largesse.
Rising stars: Christina Battle, and Louise Bourque [warning: pdf file].

    Your Ad Here

      << Home