Quantcast

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I'm shocked! There's vandalism going on in Ontario, too!

Howdy!

Thanks to James Adams who writes in today's Globe & Mail, I found out that the Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology just destroyed a sculpture by Haydn Davies. Basically I have two points - like all other news about senseless destruction, or stupidity on the parts of arts administrators (although this one definitely seems to senseless destruction) I'm way late to the party. The news broke at the beginning of July, here and here. Then, I found it very interesting that Lambton College states this on their website:
Values
We are commited to open effective communication.
We foster respect for individual perspectives and diversity.
Can you say their value statement isn't worth the paper it is printed on? (and for the record, the typo is theirs too. Good stuff from a school, eh?)

    Your Ad Here

      << Home