Quantcast

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Vancouver is dumber than I thought

Howdy!

I can't stop laughing after reading this article. Apparently Sam Sullivan, the mayor of Vancouver wants to make it a focal point of a long term cultural strategy for the city of Vancouver. Now let me get this straight. In the middle of the largest art market boom ever, Vancouver manages to have the only art auction I've heard of where there were disappointing results. They have a museum that boasts "of nearly 9,000 works of art [which] represents the most comprehensive resource for visual culture in British Columbia." (For those of you who still haven't had your morning coffee, using quantity to tout your art collection is not a particularly smooth move... And for comparison purposes, the Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal received more 5% that amount last year.) And on top of it photo-conceptualism is on its way out.

[update 2pm: And I can't believe I forgot about this.]

    Your Ad Here

      << Home