Quantcast

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Creative Art Gems Slent Art Auction, June 7

Howdy!

I got an email from Judy Scolnik about Creative Art Gems, a program/organization that she feels very strongly about.

I don't know much about them, but she asked me nice enough like, so I figure it can't hurt. Basically according to this article; it is an art therapy program that "develops artistic expression in people."

It sounds pretty cool, and in order to raise money for the program, they are holding an art auction on June 7. $100 gets you in the door. And while I don't like the fact that they have separated things out into "professional artists," "celebrity personalities," and "members of the Creative Works Studio." Or the fact that the members' paintings are valued less than those of the celebrities - but I'm certain that their hearts are in the right place. If all the work of the "professional artists" just sells for their minimums, they will raise over $60,000. I hope that their goal is more like $120,000 to $150,000.

But whatever it is, I wish them the best of luck. And for those of you who aren't in Toronto, can I also point out these two Montreal organizations: Les Impatients, and Art for Healing.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home