Quantcast

Monday, February 26, 2007

Stuff Seen - Kevin Ledo

Howdy!



B

Back in January (I promise, I'm trying to catch up as fast as I can...) I ended up at Le Kop Shop for the vernissage of Kevin Ledo's exhibit called The Guiding Light. Mr. Ledo, tried real hard to get my butt over there. If I remember correctly I got one invitation in the mail, and another one by email, but it was actually a lot of chance involved in getting me in there. Thankfully, he didn't call me, although stoipping by here personally probably would have increased the chances exponentially.

If I remember correctly, there were four paintings, with space for a fifth that hadn't been finished in time for the vernissage. Basically, lots of gold paint used to recreate fashion ads from Vogue or some other type of fashion magazine. In theory it worked better than I thought it did in practice, as I told Mr. Ledo, I liked it when it appeared that he had messed around with orginal picture by cropping heads and other body parts instead of doing straight reproductions of the advertisements. The gold and the halo was not sufficient for me to believe he had transformed the ads into something different.

Beyond that, I gotta remember next time I go to Le Kop Shop that I gotta bring some beer - they were extremely generous and very welcoming and as a consequence I feel extremely lucky that I can actually remember anything from that night.

And if you want to make up your own mind, can I suggest that you check out Mr. Ledo's website your self

    Your Ad Here

      << Home