Quantcast

Monday, February 19, 2007

Keep an eye out of some stolen art, OK?

Howdy!

Every now and again, I get an email from Alain Lacoursière, Sergent Détective enquêteur en oeuvres d'art (ain't that a cool title?) when some art is stolen here in Quebec.

Marc André Fortier Riding on a Dream

Marc André Fortier Riding on a Dream

Both pieces are by Marc André Fortier and are called Riding on a Dream. They are both approximately 30" x 20" x 12"

I first discovered, M. Fortier's work when I went to the Galerie Clarence Gagnon. However, recently I had seen his work in the window of Studio 261. And judging from their website, I would guess that someone smashed their window and took the small, easily carried, and expensive looking sculptures.

Also, it seems that this is not the first time M. Fortier has had to deal with the law. And finally, while I realize that there are significant differences, I always seem to get M. Fortier confused with Marc-Aurèle Fortin.

If you have any information on the theft, please email Sergent Détective Lacoursière or call him at (514) 598-4122. If you know how large the edition was (I imagine they were made as multiples) and or what number in the edition each piece was, along with what they were made out of, let me know and I can post more details here.

[Update March 28: Apparently I got M. Fortier's name wrong. His name is Marc A.J. Fortier, and he signs his work MAJ Fortier.]

    Your Ad Here

      << Home