Quantcast

Friday, February 23, 2007

Interesting tidbits from the Permanent Collection of the Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal

Howdy!

I was there today to do some research, and while looking through their permanent collection discovered that they own some art by Lise Bissonette, and Louise LeCavalier. I never knew that either one of them was an artist (click on the links to see what each does as a day job in order to support themselves and their art). Then I tried to wrap my brain around why the museum would have some art by Ozias Leduc, and William Notman, both of whom worked way before the museum's 1939 cutoff date for contemporary art.

Does anyone know if the museum is allowed to deaccession art?

And if you're keeping score, today is the 23rd day which the Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal won't accept my email.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home