Quantcast

Monday, February 05, 2007

frieze reads press releases and does no research

Howdy!

While I normally like it when a Canadian gallery gets mentioned in Frieze magazine. In this case, I wish Frieze magazine had not just acquiesced and reprinted what looks like a press release. Or even better, I wish I had caught it back when it was up and being mentioned in places like the HankBlog.

Then I could've pointed out that the 'rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb' that Jonathan Middleton decided to attribute to the Goon Show in fact had been used since the 1920's, and if he had done any research beyond the interior of his cranium he would have realized that either of the film versions, or going back to the original would have been way better to cite.

From my cursory research, the only time I can find where the term 'the rhubarb society' was used in a Goon Show was the episode broadcast on the 13th December 1956 called 'The Telephone.'

    Your Ad Here

      << Home