Quantcast

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pathetic reporting

Howdy!

It has been a hectic day, so I only just finished getting through all the local newspapers at 4 PM. There are four of them here in Montreal, there are also two 'national' newspapers, and while they are all going gaga over the Giller Prize (ok, not all of them, Le Devoir and Le Journal de Montreal don't - both for very different reasons) none of them have a single thing about the Sobey Art Award. (ok not none, the Globe & Mail has a 187 word bit that I had to search with a fine tooth comb in order to find.)

I don't know if I should be complaining to the Sobey Art people, all who were extremely nice and gracious to a fault. Or the Scotiabank people, all who strike me as a tad incompetent. Or the entertainment editors at the newspapers, all whom have proven themselves over and over and over as being pathetic.

Giller Prize: $40,000.
Sobey Award: $50,000.

Is there anyone, anywhere who can explain to me why there is such a lack of coverage?

    Your Ad Here

      << Home