Quantcast

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A most influential Art Historian

Howdy!

After reading this obituary of S. Lane Faison Jr., I don't know if I should be impressed beyond belief, or angry as all get out. He convinced some bad guys to get in the art game, namely: Glenn D. Lowry, and Thomas Krens. But on the other hand, According to the obituary, the number of good guy he convinced is double that: Kirk T. Varnedoe, Michael Govan, John R. Lane, E. Roger Mandle. However, I would be remiss if I did not mention I have no opinion on these guys: Earl A. Powell III, James Wood who could bolster the bad guys side, very easily.

However, I gotta question the New York Times, if Mr. Faison taught at Williams until 1976, then how in heck was he able to teach Michael Govan, who graduated from Williams in 1985? And while we're at it they also missed Robert Buck.

After getting all my links in order, I've decided to be mighty impressed.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home