Quantcast

Friday, June 23, 2006

Now that he's dead, we can say what we really want...

Howdy!

A first for me, in today's Globe & Mail, some person named Val Ross writes a catty piece about the Art Gallery of Ontario. I don't think it would have seen the light of day a mere two weeks ago. Obviously, the man was not as universally loved as I would have believed.

And speaking of marketing and attendance at museums, The National Museum of Fine Arts in Quebec City is going all out for their Clarence Gagnon exhibit that's up now. Last week, I got a nice little flyer for the show in the mail. Yesterday I saw another one in the bathroom of a restaurant. Last I heard there were about 3,000,000 points of call that Canada Post went to in Quebec. I also seem to remember that Canada Post charges something like 8.4ยข per item delivered if you send out a whole bunch of them (say like, 3,000,000) and they don't need to be addressed. Or in other words $252,000 worth of stamps to get that sucker in the mailbox of everyone in Quebec. I would guess that Zoom Media (the people who do 'Innovative advertising spaces targeting 18-34 market.') would also want a significant chunk of change to place the cards in bathrooms where people in between the ages of 18 and 34 are.

What I want to know is how attendance compares to last year's attendance for Camille Claudel et Rodin, now that the The National Museum of Fine Arts in Quebec City is shelling out the big bucks for advertising.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home