Quantcast

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Stuff Seen - Maclean

Howdy!



B

I've been a big fan of Maclean's since early 2001. I wonder if anybody else besides me realizes that he already has a piece of work that has been exhibited at the Musée d'art contemporain?



Back in October, they had this exhibit called Territoires urbains, in it, there was this photographer, Martin Désilets who took a picture of one of Maclean's dead end signs, and then cropped it exactly to the edges of the sign, printed it life size, and mounted it on sheet metal. Pretty much an exact copy. Jerome Delgado missed it, and Nicolas Mavrikakis thinks the signs remind him of Stéphane Mallarmé. Both of them as far as I know did see Territoires urbains.

Then, at some point I gotta go figure out what Maclean was painting before he came to Montreal. It looks like he is reverting back earlier and earlier.


    Your Ad Here

      << Home