Quantcast

Monday, February 06, 2006

Stuff Seen - Studies in Space, by FASA

Howdy!



B-

Another case where there is great work that is hurt by being in a show. I'm not exactly certain what was going through the minds of Chris, Susan, and everybody else at the Concordia Fine Arts Student Alliance when they decided to do this show. 33 Artists exhibiting for one week in a space that is less than 1,000/square feet and costs something like $500. Heck! Next time cut me a check for the same amount, call me a consultant, and I will show you how to get three times the bang for your buck - and no it can't be held here.

At the vernissage there must've been 150 people (if you have a short memory in less than 1,000 square feet) it was impossible to see any piece of art that was hung below shoulder level, the noise level was unbearable, and the wine was in boxes, as a consequence I think I stayed for five minutes.

I came back later that week, and even when the place was relatively empty (only five people in the space) it was still immensely difficult to concentrate on the work. That being said thse are the artists (and their art) who exhibited that I thought rocked (in alphabetical order):
Alexa Helbig-Berghoff-Fluel's Blueprints
Amanda Schrman's Crystals
Amber Johnston's I read the news...
Celine Lapointe's Non Identified and Maze
Colin Thomson's Bob
Herman Truong's Matanzas
Jenny Chukhovich's Coming out of the closet
Joanna Nawracau's Flies
Justine B. Tetrault's Self Portrait as Snow White and The Hunt...
Nathalie Quagliotto's Photocopies not accepted
Robert Winters' If my father...
Suzanne Elharar's Time Passages


    Your Ad Here

      << Home