Quantcast

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sounds Like Canada does Ed Burtynsky

Howdy!

I can't quite figure if I like it or not, but today Canada's answer to Renee Montagne, chatted up a rising Canadian photographer. I like it, because it is always nice when mainstream media pays attention to the visual arts, but on the flip side I definitely can't stand Ms. Rogers interview style. Way too perky, friendly and trying too hard to sound like your next door neighbor, assuming that you live in Mississauga. Thankfully, for the most part, she lets Mr. Burtynsky do most of the speaking - unfortunately he doesn't do all of it.

Then, since an awful lot of people are expressing difficulties understanding my prose: The use of "rising" above, is entirely ironic, everything else is serious.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home