Quantcast

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sam Borenstein - getting the glory

Howdy!

At some point I gotta talk to Joyce Borenstein. She's getting a serious amount of press for the exhibit of her father's paintings at the Musée des Beaux Arts. While I like in theory what the CBC has done. There is much that they could do to make it better. They sent Matthew Hays to interview Ms. Borenstein, and then put a bunch of pictures of the paintings in a fancy package.

My favorite line: "If you look closely, you can see a bunch of people painted in the snow."

My suggestions on how to do better the next time:
Interview someone who is at least an arm's length from the paintings about the paintings.
If it's an interview - post the audio.
And it probably would help to publish pictures that haven't been so widely circulated. (Look here and here)

There are certain difficulties I have with the Borenstein show itself, but I need to do more research before I write about that. However, I hope that the CBC does more things like this in the future, they can only get better.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home