Quantcast

Sunday, July 17, 2005

I get mail

Howdy!

I got this email from Micah Lexier, about a previous post that I had made. I asked if I could put it up here, and he said yes. So here it is:

-----Original Message-----
From: Micah Lexier
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:15 PM
To: info@zeke.com
Subject: In defense of Alison Gillmor

Hey Zeke,

Micah Lexier here. I just came across your blog with mention of Alison Gillmor's article on my David Then & Now project. I wanted to write in defense of her article. I thought she did a particularly good job describing and illuminating my project. I agree with your criticism that it was disappointing that she talked about a few of the images that were not reproduced, but I think that is probably not her fault but that of the photo editor or whoever lays out the articles. As for the comment that her doing a field report about the arts in New York, that is incorrect. The project took place in 50 bus shelters this summer in Winnipeg where Alison lives (and I lived for the first 21 years of my life). She saw the work with her own eyes and we even met face to fact to discuss the project.

Anyway, that's my two-cents worth. Normally I would not get involved, it is just that I was particularly pleased with her article and therefore I felt that I should come to her defense. Thanks for writing about the project and bringing it to people's attention. I appreciate that. I hope the rest of your summer goes well.


M/

    Your Ad Here

      << Home