Quantcast

Monday, May 09, 2005

$50,000 of my tax dollars thrown away

Howdy!

In today's Montreal Gazette there's an article about public consultations that look to me like the city wants to clear Old Montreal of artists, or at worst herd them into some small corner where they can't do any harm. I'm still behind in my reading of Richard Florida's report on Montreal as a Creative City, and haven't even begun to slog through the stuff churned out by the public commision on the creative policy for the city, but jeez! Not even two full months and they ignore everything. Despite everything that I hold near and dear to my heart they're gonna force me into the corner where I end up having to agree with Dr. Florida. Yuck.

And then thanks to Vila H for the link to the Gazette, otherwise I would have missed it.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home