Quantcast

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Hmmm, how much for that archive?

Howdy!

Came across this interesting tidbit last week. According to the CBC the Blue Rodeo archives are going to be housed somewhere on the University of Toronto.

The thing that caught my eye was this line "...the band’s archives, valued at $800,000..." Hmmm, 20 years worth of "unreleased soundtracks, thousands of photographs, video footage from concerts and awards shows as well as personal memorabilia" comes in at $40K/year for a band that wasn't real cutting edge. As I have been archiving every damn thing that happens here since day one, I wonder if I could find the person who did the evaluation, and see if I couldn't swing some sort of deal to donate the Zeke's Gallery archives to Concordia or somebody. Six years worth of archives would turn into a tax receipt for $240K. I'm certain it wouldn't hurt.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home