Quantcast

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Old Stuff #3

Howdy!

If I can keep up this pace, I might be able to catch up by the middle of next month or so. If you didn't know, I adore the New York Review of Books. One example of why is this 5,189 word review of Hatchet Jobs: Writings on Contemporary Fiction, by Dale Peck. While it is about literary criticism, I found it sorta useful if I transposed it over to the visual arts.

From this seat here at the gallery, I think that any press is good press, and if I'm dishing it out, I should be able to take it, and if tongues wag, then eyes and fannies will follow. Enough with the cliches, but as you've heard before, there is not enough space here in Montreal given to the visual arts, and most of the writers here, are too scared to write what they think, and most of the artists and gallerists are too thin skinned to do a darn thing about it.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home