Quantcast

Monday, August 30, 2004

More fun with math

Howdy!

Back in January I wrote about attendance figures here at Zeke's Gallery in comparison to those of the Musée des Beaux Arts. Well, now the CBC's Arts Report is reporting that because the Beaverbrook Art Gallery is in the news they are getting more people in the door. In fact it looks like they are (if I read the article correctly) that they get about 120 people visiting per day after the lawsuits made headlines. If my math is good, this means that they used to get about 100 people per day.

Hmmm, looking at the Canada Revenue Agency's Annual Information Return for 2002 for the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, it appears that they received $1,150,319 from a variety of sources. Back in January I compared the square footage between Zeke's Gallery and the Musée des Beaux Arts. This time I'll keep it simple, it looks to me, that Zeke's should be able to get $115,032 without doing anything more than I am already doing. Or for the math challenged, Zeke's Gallery does about 10% of the attendance of the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, hence the 10% of the funding.

My guess is with $115,032 per year, Zeke's Gallery could outdraw the Beaverbrook.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home