Quantcast

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Bernard Lamarche on CIHA 2004

Howdy!

Before I got sucked into le Palais des congrès to get some learnin', M. Lamarche wrote 983 words as a preview of the Congress. Now that I have survived it (and enjoyed myself thoroughly) I figure that I can go back and read it to find out what I missed.

By my count there were 182 lectures, M. Lamarche says that there were more than 200. Obvioulsy my eyes had glazed over by the time I started counting. Other than that he gives a nice explanation of the who, what, where, when and why of CIHA. Most of his text is based on a conversation he had with Nicole Dubreuil (her official title is vice-doyenne à la Faculté des études supérieures de l'Université de Montréal, impressive, eh?) who also organized the whole shebang.

I would have preferred if he had mentioned some of the superstars who graced our fair city, and something more about why this was so important, but I guess I can be happy that something was written in the popular press.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home