Quantcast

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Will it stick?

Howdy!

I've been meaning to review some, if not all of the stuff that I saw at the Belgo Building last Wednesday. But believe it or not, things got busy, and now that it is almost a full week later, I can barely remember a damn thing. I am certain that I at least poked my nose into ever last gallery, and while not all of them were open, there was an awful lot of art. As usual, my eyes ended up glazing over like a donut about 30 minutes before I left, which might account for the lack of memory.

Now, if I can't remember much after spending three hours looking at stuff on the walls, what does that say about me? And more importantly, what does it say about the art I saw? I'll leave those questions unanswered, thank you very much. Maybe next month there'll be a better selection of stuff up on the walls.

In the meantime, some quick reminders. Type your email address in the yellow box on the right, and get an email most Thursdays that'll tell you everything happening here at the gallery.

And don't forget to click on the swanky starburst just below the yellow box, that way you can vote in the Montreal Mirror's Best of Montreal popularity contest - if you vote for Zeke's Gallery in the appropriate categories, I'd be much obliged.

And lastly, there are still some tickets available for the Expos home opener. If you'd like to come with a bunch of folk vaguely affiliated with the gallery (in spirit, if not in mind) you're more than welcome to join us. Email me for more details.

Then, singing a different tune, try these articles on for size:
Following up on Saturday's entry, more on reviewing. This time from the other side of the other country.
The Guardian asks "Is 2,093 the magic number?" Combine that, with this. And don't forget to toss a little bit of this in as well, and you just might have a new way of experiencing art.
And then the Globe & Mail's Sarah Milroy fawns all over Ydessa Hendeles. I guess I might just have to make it down the 401 to check it out.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home