Quantcast

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Another day, another show

Howdy!

It occurred to me that I had given Kamila Wozniakowska, short shrift, and her show deserves as much attention. However, right now, I have a very short attention span, so a review is going to have to wait until later. As my mind is beginning to frift already, I figure that it would be a good idea to write about the Daniel Hogue show up at the Centre d'Arts Contemporain du Quebec a Montreal.

I don't think I have ever seen a horrific show at the CACQM, and while this one didn't change my life, it is impressive. Basically, he has taken a humongous hunk of metal, stuck some candles behind it, hooked the candles up to some tubes, and then carried the light way up, all the way up. There is some Braille involved, and I was extremely disappointed to realize that there wasn't any Braille-French-English dictionary.

I entered just as he was apologizing for something breaking down, although I couldn't figure out what it was. Everything seemed in working order to me. There is obviously a tremendous amount of thought that went into the piece, and being able to go back when there aren't 40 other people milling about is something I'm looking forward to doing.

Beyond that, I've added (down on the right) a list of blogs that seem to be doing the same thing that I'm trying to do (or in other words talk about local art) in other cities. If you know of any others that aren't there, don't hesitate to let me know.

OK, now I'm off to bed.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home