Quantcast

Monday, December 06, 2004

Not an interview

Howdy!

Over the weekend Victor Swoboda wrote a 357 word notice (I refuse to call it a review) about the new book by Pierre Landry. He's a curator at the Musée d'Art Contemporain, and the book is called A History Of Art In Quebec. He ends the blurb with the lines: "Read the book. See the museum." The whole things starts off with "The text is informative, and avoids jargon and hyperbole." Jiminy Crickets! I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote that is was such a great book because of the pretty pictures! (oops! He does.)

Instead of pandering to the freakin' museums, it would have been nice to see an intelligent discussion of the book, and some discussion of the choice of works chosen. I assume that I will be able to pick up a copy from the remaindered pile come January, maybe then I'll be able to figure why Mr. Swoboda suddenly lost his critical acumen.

    Your Ad Here

      << Home